We provide environmental monitoring systems (EMS) for server rooms and data centres to monitor different factors inside the environment of server room such as temperature, humidity, smoke, water leakage, power failure etc. A server room or data centre is extremely sensitive to any of the above factors. Hence, they need a reliable fool proof environment monitoring and alert system. We provide our server room monitoring systems across the Middle East and African countries. Also, we are operating in other Middle East cities covering Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam, Bahrain, Doha, Muscat and Kuwait.
Major environment monitoring parameters in Datacenter & Server room
Among the numerous parameters, some of the most important functions of a data centre monitoring alert system are as follows:
- Smoke: Smoke monitoring is a very important part of a server room monitoring system. Smoke detectors help to alert the operators about a possible fire outbreak in the server room.
- The temperature of the room: The temperature in the server room generally tends to be on the higher side due to the heat production of the servers in the room. If the temperature gets too high the servers tend to get shut down hence it is very necessary to monitor the temperature of the server room continuously. The required temperature of the server room is in between 20 degree Celsius to 25 degree Celsius. Hence temperature must be part of your data centre monitoring system.
- The temperature of each panel and server racks: It is possible that one particular rack is getting overheated. However, the room will be still at the desired temperature and hence you may not notice the same. If not attended, this particular server rack will be affected in the course of time. Hence your environment monitoring of a data center should preferably include this parameter.
- Humidity: Electronic items can easily get damaged due to high humidity in the environment if they are exposed to high humidity for a long time. Hence we suggest maintaining the humidity around 60% RH to 65% RH. Exceeding the humidity can adversely affect the servers in the server room. Humidity will increase due to condensation, water leakage, high external humidity, etc. This is especially important in cities of high humidity such as Dubai, Abu Dhabi, etc. Hence it is advisable to include humidity as part of your data centre monitoring system.
- Power failure: Power failure can stop the very important operation running in the server room. Although all the server rooms have power back up they can run the server room for only a few hours. Hence it is necessary to know the reason for power failure as soon as it occurs which helps to fix the problem of power failure. Power failure monitoring is an essential part of any server monitoring and alert system.
- Water leakage: Water leakage in the server room can be a serious problem. It may occur due to high condensation in the room or due to the defects of the HVAC system. Our water leakage monitoring system helps to find out the leakage in the location instantly. Hence it is the most effective way to monitor the water leakage as part of an environmental monitoring system of a server room.
How to select an Environment Monitoring System (EMS) and an alert system for the Datacenter & Server room?
While selecting an Environment Monitoring System (EMS) with the alert for a data centre you should consider the following:
- Will the environment monitoring system (EMS) of the data centre operate even in the case of server breakdown?
- Will the system operate even if there is a failure in internet connection?
- Will the server room monitoring system continue to operate on a backup battery even in the case of a power failure?
- Is the server room alerts system able to make a phone call and SMS alerts without any cloud-based service? It is better to have a SIM card based alert system so that even if the internet fails, you will continue to receive alerts.
- Can you monitor the current situation remotely through a cloud-based server connected to the server room environmental monitoring system?
- Is it capable of recording the data so that you can view and analyze later?
Features of our server room environment monitoring alert system Model VAC – 088D
Major features of our server room monitoring and alert system are as below:
- Our server monitoring system has a battery backup which operates even during a power cut.
- Our monitoring systems are capable of operating even when the server ceases operating due to various reasons.
- The system will make phone calls and SMS alerts to 8 operators. Upon attending the call, it will deliver a custom recorded voice message. Eg. “High temperature at Server room 1 at Dubai”
- The user can configure Phone call and SMS for each receiver separately.
- The operators can check the current data remotely from the data centre monitoring device.
- The entire system operates on a SIM card. Hence, operation continues even in the case of server failure or SIM card failure.
Server room/Data centre vibration monitoring
Vibration is a concern for many sensitive data centres and server room. In order to monitor the vibration levels on the panels or on the raised floor, we can provide vibration sensors. We can connect multiple vibration sensors across the data centres. If the vibration level exceeds a certain threshold limit, it will record the same. Also, it can provide an alert if required. You can also provide vibration monitoring to detect any unauthorized entry into any particular part of the data centre.
Also, see our IP based monitoring systems.
Please contact us for a free evaluation of your requirements of data centre monitoring or server room monitoring systems with a phone call and SMS alerts.
In the Middle East, we serve the United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Tunisia, etc.
In Africa, we serve countries including Kenya, Algeria, Tanzania, Djibouti, Chad, Ghana, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Morocco, Angola, South Africa, etc.
Also, we supply to India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Srilanka, Maldives, and Cyprus.