We provide environmental monitoring systems (EMS) for server rooms and data centres to monitor different parameters. These are for the environment of the server room such as temperature, humidity, smoke, water leakage, power failure etc. A server room or data centre is extremely sensitive to any of the above factors. Hence, they need a reliable fool-proof environment monitoring and alert system.
We provide our server room monitoring systems across the Middle East and African countries. Also, we are operating in other Middle East cities covering Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam, Bahrain, Doha, Muscat and Kuwait.
Major environment monitoring parameters in Datacenter & Server room
Among the numerous parameters, some of the most important functions of a data centre monitoring alert system are as follows:
- Smoke: Smoke monitoring is a very important part of a server room monitoring system. Smoke detectors help to alert the operators about a possible fire outbreak in the server room.
- The temperature of the room: The temperature in the server room generally tends to be on the higher side. This is due to the heat production of the servers in the room. If the temperature gets too high the servers tend to get shut down. Hence it is very necessary to monitor the temperature of the server room continuously. The required temperature of the server room is between 20 degrees Celsius to 25 degrees Celsius. Hence temperature must be part of your data centre monitoring system.
- The temperature of each panel and server rack: It is possible that one particular rack is getting overheated. However, the room will be still at the desired temperature and hence you may not notice the same. If not attended, it will affect the performance of this particular server rack. Hence your environment monitoring of a data centre should preferably include this parameter.
- Humidity: High humidity causes damage to electronic items. This happens if they are exposed to high humidity for a long time. Hence we suggest maintaining the humidity at less than 60% RH to 65% RH. Exceeding the humidity can adversely affect the servers in the server room. Humidity will increase due to condensation, water leakage, high external humidity, etc. This is especially important in cities of high humidity such as Dubai, Abu Dhabi, etc. Hence it is advisable to include humidity as part of your data centre monitoring system. Also, low humidity causes static electricity.
- Power failure: Power failure can stop the very important operation running in the server room. Although all the server rooms have power backup, they can run the server room for only a few hours. Hence it is necessary to know the reason for power failure as soon as it occurs. This helps to fix the problem of power failure. Power failure monitoring is an essential part of any server monitoring and alert system.
- Water leakage: Water leakage in the server room can be a serious problem. It may occur due to high condensation in the room or due to the defects of the HVAC system. Our water leakage monitoring system helps to find out the leakage in the location instantly. Hence it is the most effective way to monitor water leakage as part of an environmental monitoring system of a server room.
How to select an Environment Monitoring System (EMS) and an alert system for the Datacenter & Server room?
While selecting an Environment Monitoring System (EMS) with the alert for a data centre you should consider the following:
- We prefer that the environment monitoring system (EMS) of the data centre operate even in the case of a server breakdown.
- It is better if the system operates even if there is a failure in the internet connection.
- The server room monitoring system should continue to operate on a backup battery even in the case of a power failure.
- The server room alerts system should be able to make phone calls and SMS alerts without any cloud-based service. It is better to have a SIM card-based alert system so that even if the internet fails, you will continue to receive alerts.
- You should be able to monitor the current situation remotely through a cloud-based server of the server room environmental monitoring system.
- It should record the data so that you can view and analyze it later.
Features of our server room environment monitoring alert system Model VAC – 088D
Major features of our server room monitoring and alert system are as below:
- Our server monitoring system has a battery backup that operates even during a power cut.
- Our monitoring systems are capable of operating even when the server ceases operating due to various reasons.
- The system will make phone calls and SMS alerts to 8 operators. Upon attending the call, it will deliver a custom-recorded voice message. Eg. “High temperature at Server room 1 at Dubai”
- The user can configure Phone calls and SMS for each receiver separately.
- The operators can check the current data remotely from the data centre monitoring device.
- The entire system operates on a SIM card. Hence, operation continues even in the case of server failure or SIM card failure.
Server room/Data centre vibration monitoring
Vibration is a concern for many sensitive data centres and server rooms. In order to monitor the vibration levels on the panels or on the raised floor, we can provide vibration sensors. We can connect multiple vibration sensors across the data centres. If the vibration level exceeds a certain threshold limit, it will record the same. Also, it can provide an alert if required. You can also provide vibration monitoring to detect any unauthorized entry into any particular part of the data centre.
Also, see our IP based monitoring systems.
Please contact us for a free evaluation of your requirements for data centre monitoring or server room monitoring systems with phone calls and SMS alerts.
Product Description of Server Room & Data Center monitoring system
- Brief Title of the device: Environment Monitoring System (EMS) for Server Room & Data Center with Phone & SMS alerts.
- Brief Description of the device: Monitoring of Server Room & Data Center for temperature, humidity, power failure etc. It generates Phone calls and SMS alerts in case of escalations.
- Model number: VAC-STE2-R2
- Brand: HWG
- Seller: VackerGlobal
- SKU Number: 1005000114
- Price (AED): 6560.00
- Price Validity: 30 June 2023
Please contact our offices for the latest specifications and prices before purchasing.
In the Middle East, we supply environmental monitoring systems (EMS) for server rooms and data centres in the United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Tunisia, etc.
In Africa, we serve countries including Kenya, Algeria, Tanzania, Djibouti, Chad, Ghana, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Morocco, Angola, South Africa, etc.
Also, we supply environmental monitoring systems (EMS) for server rooms and data centres to India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Srilanka, Maldives, and Cyprus.