Dehumidifiers are essential for museums, art galleries, valuable paintings, canvas paintings etc. to control humidity. Are you maintaining a museum or an art gallery and have spotted mould spots on textiles (How to reduce mould and fungus?), sculptures, drawings or wooden art forms? Is there a presence of stale odour in some parts of the museum? If yes, the place has fluctuating moisture levels. Anything from poor ventilation to an excess of humidity can cause the above-mentioned scenario. VackerGlobal provides Dehumidifiers for Museums and Art Galleries across the world.
Effects of Low or High Humidity in Museums &Art Galleries
From picture frames, paint on canvas to ancient furniture, every bit of this material are hygroscopic in nature. In other words, humidity affects their quality, life etc. Humidity can cause rusting of furniture joints, flaking of paint, brittle textiles, shrinking of frames etc. It would be very expensive for the art gallery to bear the losses of a medieval item spoilt by the moisture content.
Since the majority of the substances used in making works of art are organic in nature, these materials are prone to humidity. Cotton, bone, ivory, wood and other substances are prone to damage from moisture. If the environment is too dry, the entities will lose their moisture making them brittle. if the air is too damp, the entities might absorb moisture causing damages like fungi.
A too dry or too damp atmosphere can make materials contract or swell. This will further result in structural damage. Museums & art galleries require precise control of humidity. There might be a room full of visitors and other sections might be empty. This can cause humidity variation in different areas of the same building. Differences in temperature in different rooms also cause differences in humidity. For the purpose of keeping the valuable items safe, we have to maintain an equilibrium at all times.
As valuable items get old, they will become more fragile and hence, they can easily deteriorate. You must know that the organic substances aren’t able to readjust the humidity levels without breaking. Warping can also occur on a large scale.
Dehumidifiers to control humidity in museums & Art Galleries
Dehumidifiers come into play for the purpose of providing dehumidification irrespective of external conditions. VackerGlobal provides Dehumidifiers for museums and art galleries across the world. What comes as an important fact is that you can use dehumidifiers in art galleries when very precise levels of humidity are required. A standard dehumidifier can maintain a relative humidity of 30 to 50%RH. If you want to further reduce the relative humidity, it is possible to achieve the with dehumidifiers of higher capacity.
Wall-mounted dehumidifier for museum & art galleries; model VAC-DH-15AX
The features of model VAC-DH-15AX for museums and art galleries are as below:
- This is a wall-mounted type dehumidifier for museum & art galleries with an aesthetic design.
- It has a fully automatic operation and hence you can adjust the desired humidity and leave it to work.
- An inbuilt humidistat is used to adjust the settings in this dehumidifier for museums & art galleries.
- The outer body is epoxy polyester painted steel.
- It can operate at a low temperature with an optional defrost system.
The technical details of the dehumidifier model VAC-DH-15AX are listed below:
- The operating temperature of this dehumidifier for museums & art galleries range is 0 to 35 degrees Celsius.
- Dehumidification at 30 degrees Celsius, 60% relative humidity is 15 litres per 24 hours.
- Heat recovered to air at 30 degrees Celsius, 60% relative humidity is 0.9 kilowatt.
- The airflow of this dehumidifier for museum & art galleries VAC-DH-15AX is 225 cubic metres per hour.
- External static pressure is 0 Pa.
- The sound pressure level at 3 metres is 53dB(A).
- The refrigerant of VAC-DH-15AX is R407c.
- The power supply is 230 Volt, Single-phase, 50 Hz.
- The nominal power consumption of this dehumidifier for museums & art galleries is 0.43 kilowatt.
- The FLA of VAC-DH-15AX is 3.8A.
- The maximum supply fuse is 10A.
- LRA (compressor start) is 18A.
- Product size (w x d x h) is 825 x 363 x 320 millimetres.
- The weight of this dehumidifier model VAC-DH-15AX for museums & art galleries is 33 kilograms.
- Condensate drain size (flexible plastic hose) is 10 mm ID.
Different areas of an art gallery with different objects may require different humidity levels. You can deploy a portable Dehumidifier very quickly. However, if you are installing bigger units, it might require a number of days to install. These portable units are designed to maintain RH levels in small areas. You can definitely use multiple units for big areas.
You can remove as high as over 180 pints of moisture every day while making use of a dehumidifier. You can either make use of a dehumidifier as a stand-alone unit or you can also duct them in the HVAC system.
A dehumidifier can literally eradicate the possibility of any type of mould growth. Also, it can keep the furniture, artefacts and monuments safe & robust for a long time. Preservation of the artworks from the humidity is crucial and is a major concern for all art enthusiasts.
Choosing a Dehumidifier for museums & art galleries
When it comes to picking a dehumidifier for an art gallery or a museum, it solely depends upon the type of materials housed in the vicinity. From a small room to large hall dehumidifiers, VackerGlobal provides you Dehumidifiers in Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Fujairah, UAE. Varying climatic conditions demand a variable humidity control mechanism. In order to select the right capacity, you may have to use our dehumidifier capacity calculation software. For further details, please get in touch with us to select a dehumidifier for your museums and art galleries.
In the Middle East, we supply dehumidifiers for museums & art galleries in the United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Tunisia etc.
In Africa, we supply dehumidifiers for museums and art galleries in countries including Kenya, Algeria, Tanzania, Djibouti, Chad, Ghana, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Morocco, Angola, South Africa etc.
Also, we supply dehumidifiers for museums and art galleries in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Srilanka, Maldives and Cyprus.