Dehumidifiers are essential for museums, art galleries, valuable paintings, canvas paintings etc. Are you maintaining a museum or an art gallery and have spotted mould spots on textiles (How to reduce mould and fungus?), sculptures, drawings or wooden art forms? Is there a presence of stale odour in some parts of the museum? If yes, the place is subjected to fluctuating moisture levels. Anything from poor ventilation to excess of humidity can cause the above-mentioned scenario. VackerGlobal provides Dehumidifiers for Museums and Art Galleries across the world.
Effects of Low or High Humidity in Museums &Art Galleries
It would be evident to mention that from picture frames, paint on canvas to ancient furniture, every bit of this material are hygroscopic in nature. In other words, these items are severely affected by the moisture content in the air. Loosening of furniture joints to flaking of paint, brittle textiles to shrinking of frames, these effects are pretty catastrophic when it comes to any Museum or Art gallery. It would be very expensive for the art gallery to bear the losses of a medieval item spoilt by the moisture content.
Since the majority of the substances used in making works of art are organic in nature, these materials are prone to humidity. If left uncontrolled, cotton, bone, ivory, wood and other substances are at constant exposure to moisture. If the environment is too dry, the entities will lose their moisture, if the air is too damp, the entities might gain moisture beyond an alarming point.
The above-mentioned scenarios, too dry or too damp can make materials to contract or swell. This will further result in structural damage. It can be said that humidity levels in museums & art galleries are a bit hard to maintain. There might be a room full of visitors and other section might be empty, variable people will cause both, humidity and temperature to fluctuate. For the purpose of keeping the valuable items safe, an equilibrium must be maintained.
Prime effects of humidity are materials cracking or splitting. As valuable items get old, they will become more fragile and hence, they can be easily deteriorated. You must know that the organic substances aren’t able to readjust the humidity levels without breaking. Warping can also occur on a large scale.
Dehumidifiers to control humidity in museums & Art Galleries
Dehumidifiers come into play for the purpose of providing dehumidification and that too at very low levels of temperature. VackerGlobal provides Dehumidifiers for museums and art galleries across the world. What comes as an important fact is that you can use dehumidifiers in art galleries when very low levels of humidity are required. A standard dehumidifier can maintain a relative humidity of 30 to 50%RH. If you want to further reduce the relative humidity, the same can be achieved with dehumidifiers of higher capacity.
Wall mounted dehumidifier for museum & art galleries; model VAC-DH-15AX
The features of model VAC-DH-15AX for museums and art galleries are as below:
- This is a wall-mounted type dehumidifier for museum & art galleries with an aesthetic design.
- It has fully automatic operation and hence you can adjust the desired humidity and leave it to work.
- An inbuilt humidistat is used to adjust the settings in this dehumidifier for museum & art galleries.
- The outer body is epoxy polyester painted zintec steel.
- It can operate at a low temperature aided by its hot gas defrost system.
The technical details of the dehumidifier model VAC-DH-15AX are listed below:
- Operating temperature of this dehumidifier for museums & art galleries range is 0 to 35 degrees Celsius.
- Dehumidification at 30 degrees Celsius, 60% relative humidity is 15 litres per 24 hours.
- Heat recovered to air at 30 degrees Celsius, 60% relative humidity is 0.9 kilowatt.
- The airflow of this dehumidifier for museum & art galleries VAC-DH-15AX is 225 cubic metre per hour.
- External static pressure is 0Pa.
- Sound pressure level at 3 metres is 53dB(A).
- The refrigerant of VAC-DH-15AX is R407c.
- The power supply is 230 Volt, Single-phase, 50 Hz.
- Nominal power consumption of this dehumidifier for museums & art galleries is 0.43 kilowatt.
- FLA of VAC-DH-15AX is 3.8A.
- Maximum supply fuse is 10A.
- LRA (compressor start) is 18A.
- Product size (w x d x h) is 825 x 363 x 320 millimetres.
- Weight of this dehumidifier model VAC-DH-15AX for museums & art galleries is 33 kilograms.
- Condensate drain size (flexible plastic hose) is 10 mm ID.
No single relative humidity range is handy for all the objects present in an art gallery. A Dehumidifier can be deployed in seconds anywhere on the go and these can dehumidify multiple areas. These portable units are designed to maintain RH levels in smaller vicinities.
You can remove as high was over 180 pints of moisture every day while making use of a dehumidifier. Apart from this, you can also leverage the versatility of the device. You can either make use of a dehumidifier as a stand-alone unit or you can also duct them in the HVAC passages. It’s like a plug and plays and that too without any assembly required. What comes as a fascinating fact is that if you make use of a dedicated dehumidifier, you will also save big on electricity costs.
The device can literally eradicate the possibility of any type of mould growth. Keep the furniture, artefacts and monuments safe & robust for a long time. Preservation of the artworks from the humidity is crucial and is a major concern for all the art enthusiasts. Protect the art from getting downgraded and don’t let it lose its value. Avoid condensation at any cost when you deploy a dehumidifier. Hence, paintings will not be exposed to discolouration.
Choosing a Dehumidifier for museums & art galleries
When it comes to picking a dehumidifier for an art gallery or a museum, it solely depends upon the type of materials housed in the vicinity. From a small room to large hall dehumidifiers, VackerGlobal provides you Dehumidifiers in Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Fujairah, UAE. Varying climatic conditions demand a variable humidity control mechanism. In order to select the right capacity, you may have to use our dehumidifier capacity calculation software. For further details, please get in touch with us to select a dehumidifier for your museums and art galleries.
In the Middle East, we supply dehumidifiers for museums & art galleries in the United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Tunisia etc.
In Africa, we supply dehumidifiers for museums and art galleries in countries including Kenya, Algeria, Tanzania, Djibouti, Chad, Ghana, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Morocco, Angola, South Africa etc.
Also, we supply dehumidifiers for museums and art galleries in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Srilanka, Maldives and Cyprus.