Temperature Mapping study is a process to study and investigate the temperature distribution inside a room. This is relevant for the pharma industry for the storage and transportation of medicines. Temperature mapping study is also known as T-mapping. We carry out this study for various assets and used for transportation and storage of temperature-sensitive products. These include medicines, vaccines, body cells and tissues, food items, etc.
What is a temperature mapping study?
This study is an analysis of a closed environment which has a particular temperature range. The temperature is controlled using cooling or heating equipment. The temperature mapping study procedure is mainly for pharma and food segments. This is to find out that the temperature is uniformly distributed inside the environment as per the specified requirements. As an example consider a cold store which stores medicines. The temperature should be between 2 to 8 Degree Centigrade. Also, the humidity should be less than 65% RH. You may have all the necessary controlling equipment including chiller rooms and dehumidifiers. However, as a user, you are not sure whether all areas inside the cold room maintains the temperature and humidity. We carry out a series of tests to find out these parameters over various operating conditions. You can store the medicines only after satisfactory completion of these tests. We will be providing a test report indicating all the results with our recommendations.
How is temperature mapping study carried out?
The basic idea is to collect temperature data continuously over a period of time. Then we analyze this data and find out the results. In order to do this, we use temperature data loggers to record the data. We place the data loggers around the entire area in a systematic pattern to record the data. We record over a specified period under various operational conditions. After the specified time, we download the data and analyze the same.
Which are the assets requiring temperature mapping study?
Normally a mapping study and analysis is carried out for Vans, Vehicles, Reefers, Cold Rooms, Fridge, Freezer, Warehouses, Boxes etc. All of them are used for transportation and storage of medicines, vaccines, blood, tissues etc.
Also, we carry out this study for controlled hot conditions such as an autoclave, furnace, etc. to ensure uniformity of the temperature.
What are the typical results of temperature mapping study?
The typical results of the study are as below:
- Hot and cold points which are the hottest and coldest points in the area.
- Temperature distribution graphs.
- The behaviour of the area in the event of a power failure.
- The behaviour of the area when a door is opened.
- Risk analysis of the asset.
- Locations for placing continuous monitoring instruments (if applicable).
What is Temperature and Humidity Mapping study?
All the procedure and analysis of Temperature and Humidity Mapping study are exactly similar to a temperature mapping study. However, in this case, we collect data for temperature and humidity. We collect data of humidity for the entire duration and analyzed. During a mapping study, we also record the ambient data to analyze the results with reference to the change in climatic conditions.
How do you know whether you require humidity mapping?
Check the products being stored by you. Check with the specified storage conditions defined by the manufacturer of these goods. If the manufacturer defines that the products should be stored under certain humidity levels, then you should go for temperature and humidity mapping study. If the manufacturer is specifying only the temperature, the humidity may not be of importance. Please note that in case of doubt, you may preferably go for both temperature & humidity. For us, the test procedures are the same. However, the test reports will have additional data analysis related to humidity.
Our services under this category
We provide the following types of services under this category.
- Temperature & Humidity mapping study of warehouses. This involves finding out temperature and humidity distribution over a period of 7 to 15 days.
- Temperature and humidity mapping study of walk-in cold rooms. We carry out tests for finding out the distribution of temperature and humidity over 3-5 days period.
- Temperature mapping study of Reefer trucks. We carry out tests on refrigerated trucks for 3 to 4 days for each temperature range. For each temperature range, we will carry out new sets of tests.
- Temperature mapping study of refrigerated vans. Refrigerated vans are for distribution of vans within the city or a state. Similar to reefer trucks, we carry out 2-3 days of tests for each range of temperature.
- Temperature mapping study of passive boxes. Passive boxes are thermally insulated boxes with ice packs. These are for short durations such as 8 to 10 hours.
- Temperature mapping study of active boxes. Active boxes are small refrigerators in a box shape. You can connect them to inside the vehicle or in a normal electrical plug.
- Temperature mapping study of refrigerators. Medical refrigerators require temperature mapping study for certification for storage of medicines.
- Temperature mapping study of autoclaves. In order to ascertain the temperature inside autoclaves, we carry out temperature mapping using high-temperature data loggers.
- Temperature and humidity mapping study of stability chambers. Stability chambers create a particular temperature and humidity. In order to ensure uniform distribution, we carry out a mapping study.
In the Middle East, we serve the United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Tunisia, etc.
In Africa, we serve countries including Kenya, Algeria, Tanzania, Djibouti, Chad, Ghana, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Morocco, Angola, South Africa, etc.
Also, we carry out temperature mapping study in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Srilanka, Maldives, and Cyprus.