Desiccant dehumidifiers are also known as adsorption dehumidifiers are for dehumidification of air. These are ideal for cooler climates and periods when the dew point is low. We can use desiccant dehumidifiers for home, office, industrial and commercial applications. They also provide numerous other benefits.
The Desiccant Dehumidifier
The key distinction in desiccant dehumidifiers is their use of moisture-absorbing materials. A look inside one of these devices reveals a special drum of corrugated material that contains the desiccant. This material may appear in a honeycomb form, which maximizes surface area and exposure to incoming air. As the cool, humid air passes through portions of this drum, much of the moisture is absorbed into this honeycomb material.
Since the desiccant-impregnated material can only hold so much moisture, the drum rotates slowly and passes through a reactivation section. This unit forces warm air through the saturated material and liberates the water previously trapped there. The resulting humid air is generally forced outside in order to leave the interior of any dwelling much drier.
Some units increase their power efficiency by collecting warmth derived from the absorption process. This warmth is then used to heat the air in the reactivation portion of the drum. There are also a variety of ways for these machines to expel the moistened air after it has been reactivated. Different environments and goals will require different methods of powering these units and disposing of the humidity.
Advantages of the Adsorption Dehumidifier
This process offers some crucial advantages when compared to the typical refrigerant dehumidifier. A desiccant dehumidifier can achieve much lower levels of humidity, especially at a cooler temperature. Also, it can ventilate buildings much more effectively and do so while saving on energy costs.
Typical Applications of a Desiccant Dehumidifier
There are proper applications for every kind of dehumidifier. An adsorption dehumidifier is designed to function in areas with high humidity levels and low temperatures levels. These conditions often make compressor or refrigerant units inefficient. However, a number of industries, such as private power plants, use these humidifiers in combination with other units to achieve maximum efficiency.
There are some distinctions about the adsorption dehumidifying process which make these devices preferable in various situations. For example, the adsorption process is a fairly quiet process. Desiccant units are therefore desirable in silent areas because their presence and functioning is almost unnoticeable. Portable units can sit in a hallway or room and operate quietly.
Since the parts required for desiccation are not as heavy nor as large as the components in a typical compressor unit, these dehumidifiers are typically lighter as well. Obviously, there are many commercial applications that would benefit from this same advantage.
Furthermore, desiccant dehumidification does not have the same tendency to over-cool an environment in the same way that refrigerant dehumidifiers do. This is significant in particular for health reasons, since making work or home environments too cold can have an undesirable impact on health.
Desiccant dehumidifiers are not meant to replace all other units in this line of products. Instead, they complement the work done by other devices and complete an array of products which can handle any situation or requirement.
Desiccant dehumidifier model TTR 400
This is a medium range model of desiccant dehumidifier for industrial applications. Major features and specification details are given below.
- Completely manufactured in Germany.
- It has accurate air volume control for proper adjustment of dry and wet air.
- IT is very compact and lightweight compared to other models available in the market.
- It has a high performance ration compared to its dimensions and weight.
- It required very low maintenance, such as periodic cleaning of filter.
- The model can be stacked one over the other to save space.
- Dehumidification at 20°C & 60% RH is 28.8 liter per day.
- Minimum air volume is 130 cubic meter per hour.
- Maximum air volume is 450 cubic meter per hour.
- External compression is 150 Pa.
- Diameter of inlet Connection pipe is 125 mm.
- Nominal air volume of Regeneration air is 50 cubic meter per hour.
- Operating principle is TTR-Trisorp-Mono
- Operating Temperature is form -15°C to +35°C.
- Operating humidity range is 0%RH to 100%RH.
- It operates at 230Volt, 50 or 60 Hz and power consumption is 1.35 kW.
- Nominal current consumption is 6.0 A with a recommended fuse rating of 16 Ampere.
- It has a Sound level of 63 decibel at 1 meter distance from the desiccant dehumidifier.
- Dimensions without packing is 400 mm (L) x 350 mm (W) x 405 mm (H) and has a weight of 17 kg.
In the Middle East, we serve the United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Tunisia, etc.
In Africa, we serve countries including Kenya, Algeria, Tanzania, Djibouti, Chad, Ghana, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Morocco, Angola, South Africa, etc.
Also, we supply to India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Srilanka, Maldives, and Cyprus.