Foodservice thermometers are commonly used to measure the temperature of food items through various stages of food processing including cooking.
The temperature has to be measured by non-contact methods and by insertion method. The non-contact method is using Infrared rays (infrared food thermometer) and the insertion method is by inserting a probe into the food (insertion probe thermometer).
Thermometer consisting of two modes of measurement viz. contact and non-contact methods of measurements are used for such purposes. The Infrared food thermometer model BP5F by Trotec, Germany is one such ideal device.
Features of food service thermometer with a probe, model BP5F:
- Infrared food thermometer and insertion food thermometer are combined in a single device
- Washable body construction
- IP65 ingress protection category
- Built-in LED indicator to check with HACCP requirements
- The easily foldable insertion probe
- Lockable insertion probe
- Insertion temperature measurement from -40°C to 200°C
- Infrared measurement up to 280°C
Technical details of Infrared food service thermometer with probe BP5F
- Optical resolution is 20:1.
- The temperature sensor is an infrared type [°C].
- Min. measuring range is -40°C / -40°F.
- Max. measuring range is 280°C / 536°F.
- Accuracy for measurements below -4 °C is ± 2°C.
- Accuracy for measurements between -4 °C to 65 °C is ± 1 °C.
- Accuracy for measurements above 65 °C is ± 1.5 °C.
- Operational min. temperature is 0°C.
- Operational max. temperature is 50°C.
- The operational minimum relative humidity is 0%.
- Operational maximum relative humidity (non-condensing) is 80%.
- Type of display is Screen.
- Ingress protection is IP 65 grade.
- Reaction time is < 500 ms.
- Internal (battery) is 9 V-rectangular battery.
- Weight without packing is 0.180 kg.
- Dimensions without packing are Length 185mm x Width 50mm x Height 67mm.
Other terminologies used for a food service thermometer
- Infrared food thermometer – This thermometer uses infrared technology and is used for measuring the temperature of food. Hence it is known as Infrared food thermometer
- Digital meat thermometer – This is a digital thermometer and its probe is used to measure the temperature of the probe. Hence is known as a digital meat thermometer, digital meat probe thermometer, digital meat insertion thermometer etc.
- Kitchen thermometer – Understandably this is used in the kitchen and in layman’s language can be called kitchen thermometer
- Digital cooking thermometer – This is a digital meter and can measure temperature during the cooking process and hence is known as a digital cooking thermometer
- Digital thermometer with a probe – This is a digital meter and also has a probe and hence is known as a digital thermometer with probe
- Digital food thermometer – This is a digital thermometer used for measuring the temperature of raw and cooked food and hence is known as a digital food thermometer
- Meat thermometer – Simply because it is used to measure the temperature of the meat.
- Food temperature probe – It has a probe and an infrared thermometer and hence is known as a food temperature probe
- Digital probe thermometer – It is a digital meter and has a probe. Hence it is known as a digital probe thermometer
- Infrared cooking thermometer – This is an infrared meter and used to measure temperature during cooking. Hence is known as an infrared cooking thermometer
- Infrared meat thermometer – This is infrared meter which can measure the temperature of the meat without insertion and hence is known as an infrared meat thermometer
- Laser food thermometer – It has a laser beam for directing the infrared rays. Hence generally all IR thermometers are also known as laser thermometers. In the case of IR food thermometer, hence the same is also known as a laser food thermometer
- Laser meat thermometer – as described above, since it has a laser and is used to measure the temperature of meat these are also known as a laser meat thermometer
- Food probe thermometer – it has a probe to measure the temperature of food by inserting the probe into the food. Hence the same is known as food probe thermometer.
- HACCP thermometer – HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) is the standard for the food industry and specifies various temperature levels for various stages of processing. The meter is used to check and record such temperature at various stages and hence are also known as HACCP thermometer
- Contact-free food thermometer – The Infrared food thermometer can measure temperature from a distance without touching the food and hence are known as a contact-free food thermometer
- Non-contact food thermometer – For the same reason as explained above, these are also known as non-contact food thermometer
In the Middle East, we serve the United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Tunisia, etc.
In Africa, we serve countries including Kenya, Algeria, Tanzania, Djibouti, Chad, Ghana, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Morocco, Angola, South Africa, etc.
Also, we supply to India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Srilanka, Maldives, and Cyprus.