Infrared Food thermometers are for measuring the temperature of food items through various stages of food processing including cooking and storage.
We have to measure the temperature by non-contact methods and by the insertion method. The non-contact method is using Infrared rays (infrared food thermometer) and the insertion method is by inserting a probe into the food (insertion probe thermometer).
We can use a thermometer consisting of two modes of measurement viz. contact and non-contact methods of measurements for such purposes. The Infrared food thermometer model BP5F is one such ideal device.
Features of food service thermometer with a probe, model BP5F:
- The device has a combination of an Infrared food thermometer and insertion food thermometer in a single device
- It has a washable body construction.
- The Ingress protection category is IP65.
- The thermometer has a built-in LED indicator to check with HACCP requirements.
- The user can easily fold the insertion probe.
- The insertion probe is lockable.
- Insertion temperature measurement is possible from -40°C to 200°C.
- Infrared measurement is up to 280°C.
Technical details of Infrared food service thermometer with probe BP5F
- The optical resolution is 20:1.
- The temperature sensor is an infrared type.
- The minimum measuring range is -40°C or -40°F.
- The maximum. measuring range is 280°C or 536°F.
- Accuracy for measurements below -4 °C is ± 2°C.
- Accuracy for measurements between -4 °C to 65 °C is ± 1 °C.
- Accuracy for measurements above 65 °C is ± 1.5 °C.
- The operational minimum temperature is 0°C.
- The operational maximum temperature is 50°C.
- The operational minimum relative humidity is 0%.
- Operational maximum relative humidity (non-condensing) is 80%.
- The type of display is Screen.
- Ingress protection is IP 65 grade.
- Reaction time is less than 500 ms.
- The internal battery is a 9 V-rectangular battery.
- Weight without packing is 0.180 kg.
- Dimensions without packing are Length 185mm x Width 50mm x Height 67mm.
Other terminologies used for a food service thermometer
- Infrared food thermometer – This thermometer uses infrared technology for measuring the temperature of food. Hence another name is the Infrared food thermometer.
- Digital meat thermometer – This is a digital thermometer and its probe measures the temperature of the probe. Hence it has other names such as digital meat thermometer, digital meat probe thermometer, digital meat insertion thermometer etc.
- Kitchen thermometer – Understandably this is for usage in the kitchen and in layman’s language, this is a kitchen thermometer.
- Digital cooking thermometer – This is a digital meter and can measure temperature during the cooking process. Hence people call it a digital cooking thermometer.
- Digital thermometer with a probe – This is a digital meter and also has a probe. Hence this is a digital thermometer with a probe.
- Digital food thermometer – This is a digital thermometer for measuring the temperature of raw and cooked food. Hence we call it a digital food thermometer.
- Meat thermometer – This name suggests that this food thermometer is useful for measuring the temperature of the meat.
- Food temperature probe – It has a probe and an infrared thermometer for measuring the temperature of the food. Hence people call it a food temperature probe.
- Digital probe thermometer – It is a digital meter indicating the readings on a digital screen. Hence a common term is a digital probe thermometer.
- Infrared cooking thermometer – This is an infrared meter to measure temperature during cooking. Hence we call it an infrared cooking thermometer.
- Infrared meat thermometer – This is an infrared meter that can measure the temperature of the meat without insertion using infrared. Hence a common term is an infrared meat thermometer
- Laser food thermometer – It has a laser beam for directing the infrared rays. Hence generally all IR thermometers are laser thermometers. Similarly, in the case of an IR food thermometer, people call it a laser food thermometer.
- Laser meat thermometer – as described above, since it has a laser to measure the temperature of meat, people call it a laser meat thermometer.
- Food probe thermometer – it has a probe to measure the temperature of food by inserting the probe into the food. Hence we call it a food probe thermometer.
- HACCP thermometer – HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) is the standard for the food industry. HACCP specifies various temperature levels for various stages of processing. The meter is for checking and recording such temperature at various stages. Hence these are HACCP thermometers.
- Contact-free food thermometer – The Infrared food thermometer can measure temperature from a distance without touching the food. This is the reason behind the term contact-free food thermometer.
- Non-contact food thermometer – For the same reason as above, people call them non-contact food thermometers.
Product Description of Infrared Food Thermo-Meter
- Brief Title of the device: Infrared Food thermometer for measuring the temperature of food items.
- Brief Description of the device: Digital Infrared Food thermometer for measurement as per HACCP standards during cooking, storage etc.
- Model number: VAC-BP5F
- Brand: VackerGlobal
- Seller: VackerGlobal
- SKU Number: 1010000004
- Price (AED): 650.00
- Price Validity: 31 December 2022
Please contact our offices for the latest specifications and price before purchase.
In the Middle East, we serve the United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Tunisia, etc.
In Africa, we serve countries including Kenya, Algeria, Tanzania, Djibouti, Chad, Ghana, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Morocco, Angola, South Africa, etc.
Also, we supply to India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Srilanka, Maldives, and Cyprus.