Temperature qualification study is a detailed process involving a lot of tests and analysis to ensure that the asset is designed and installed properly and is capable of maintaining the desired temperature and humidity. After this elaborate process, the asset is certified as qualified for achieving and maintaining the desired levels of temperature and humidity.
Main tests under the temperature qualification study
The procedure and tests consist of the following sequence of tests:
Design qualification process (DQ)
Design qualification is analyzing that the asset is designed properly to carry out the desired function of achieving and maintaining the desired temperature and humidity. This process will involve checking the design aspects with accepted engineering practices and relevant requirements of the country in which the asset is maintained.
Installation qualification process (IQ)
Installation qualification is the process of verifying that all major components of the assets are installed and maintained as per the design and as per the recommendations of the manufacturers of the respective items. Also, relevant local guidelines need to be verified.
Installation qualification is generally known as IQ.
Operation qualification process(OQ)
Operation qualification is verifying methods of operation of the entire assets and its major components. All these should be operated as per the manufacturer’s guidelines and SOPs implemented by the user.
Operation qualification is generally known as OQ.
Performance Qualification (PQ)
The performance qualification involves various tests under operating conditions such as full load, 60% load, etc. A series of tests covering door opening tests, power failure tests, recovery tests, etc. are included in performance qualification.
Temperature mapping study (and Humidity if required)
Please see our separate page on Temperature mapping study for details on this procedure
What is the Temperature and Humidity qualification process?
What are the deliverable and results of a qualification study?
- Facility mapping protocol and report (empty load) with detailed study testing methodology, results, data interpretation and recommendations for the controlled-room temperature warehouses.
- Facility mapping protocol and report (full load – summer & winter profile) with detailed study testing methodology, results, data interpretation and recommendations for the controlled-room temperature warehouses.
- Qualification protocols and reports with detailed study testing methodology, results, data interpretation and recommendations for the cold room.
- Certificate indicating results of the asset and major deviations if any.
- Various charts indicating analysis of Temperature & Humidity at various locations.
- Various charts indicating analysis of Temperature & Humidity during specific operational conditions as per the protocol.
- Excursions of Temperature & Humidity during different tests will be indicated.
- Hot points and Cold Points will be indicated in a layout drawing.
- Recommendations for improvements if any will be included in the report.
- A layout drawing indicating the proposed ocations for placing continuous monitoring instruments (if applicable).
- The report will include certificates of calibration for all data loggers used during the study.
In the Middle East, we serve the United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Tunisia, etc.
In Africa, we serve countries including Kenya, Algeria, Tanzania, Djibouti, Chad, Ghana, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Morocco, Angola, South Africa, etc.
Also, we supply to India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Srilanka, Maldives, and Cyprus.