Methane detector-transmitter is suitable for applications such as underground parking, boiler rooms, kitchens and other areas where it is possible to accumulate potentially explosive concentration of methane.
Methane Detector-Transmitter model VAC-E2648-CH4:
- VAC-E2648-CH4 is easy to install with a robust enclosure.
- Range of measurement for this methane detector-transmitter is 0-100% LEL (0-5% vol).
- It has 2 analogue outputs settable at 4-20 mA or 0-10 V with RS485 digital interface.
- VAC-E2648-CH4 has a relay option.
- It has a remote sensor probe available.
Specifications of Methane detector-transmitter model VAC-E2648-CH4:
- Calibration of VAC-E2648-CH4 is Methane.
- Sensor type used is Metal-oxide semiconductor. Catalytic bead (pellistor) sensor is available as an option.
- The methane detector-transmitter model VAC-E2648-CH4 sampling method is diffusion.
- The typical detection ranges for MOS and the catalytic sensor is 0-100% LEL.
- Resolution for MOS sensor is 0.1% LEL while for the catalytic sensor is 1% LEL.
- Response time T90 for MOS sensor is ~60 seconds while for the catalytic sensor is 8 seconds.
- Sensor lifetime of this methane detector-transmitter model VAC-E2648-CH4 with MOS sensor is more than 5 years while for the catalytic sensor is more than 2 years.
- Maintenance interval for MOS sensor is 12 months while for the catalytic sensor is 3-6 months.
- Operating temperature for MOS sensor is -30 to +70 degrees Celsius while for the catalytic sensor is -20 to +60 degrees Celsius.
- Self-diagnostics with full functionality check at start-up.
- Warm-up time is less than or equal to 1 minute.
- The power supply of this methane detector-transmitter model VAC-E2648-CH4 is 11-30 VDC or 24 VAC. The power unit of 90-265 VAC is optional.
- The power consumption is less than 2 VA.
- VAC-E2648-CH4 has RS485 Modbus RTU digital interface.
- It has 2 analogue outputs settable at 4-20 mA or 0-10 V.
- It has a die-cast aluminium wall-mounted enclosure with an IP66 safety rating.
- The dimensions of this methane detector-transmitter model VAC-E2648-CH4 is H120 × W125 × D57 millimetres.
- It can be operated at industrial indoor and outdoor areas.
- Operating conditions of this methane detector-transmitter model VAC-E2648-CH4 is at less than 95% relative humidity with 0.9-1.1 atmospheric pressure, non-ATEX rated spaces, normal ambient oxygen level. Extreme mechanical shock, vibrations or EMI should be avoided. Avoid exposure to products containing silicone or corrosive gases.
Relay outputs (option)
- It has 2 SPST relays (closing contact) with 250 VAC or 30 VDC at 5 A max current.
- The default warning set-points of this methane detector-transmitter model VAC-E2648-CH4 at LOW is set at 20% LEL, release 16% LEL.
- The default warning set-points of this methane detector-transmitter model VAC-E2648-CH4 at HIGH is set at 50% LEL, release 40% LEL.
- It has an IP65 secured remote sensor probe, shielded cable. The cable’s default length is 3.0 metres.
We supply methane detector-transmitter across the world covering Europe, USA, Latin America, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc.
In the Middle East, we supply methane detector-transmitter in the United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Tunisia etc.
In Africa, we supply methane detector-transmitter in countries including Kenya, Algeria, Tanzania, Djibouti, Chad, Ghana, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Morocco, Angola, South Africa etc.
Also, we supply methane detector-transmitter to India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Srilanka, Maldives and Cyprus.