Methane detector-transmitter is suitable for applications such as underground parking, boiler rooms, kitchens and other areas where it is possible to accumulate potentially explosive concentration of methane.
Methane Detector-Transmitter model VAC-E2638-CH4:
- VAC-E2638-CH4 is a long-lasting metal-oxide gas detector.
- Range of measurement for this methane detector-transmitter is 0-100% LEL (0-5% vol).
- Resolution of measurement for VAC-E2638-CH4 is 0.1% LEL (50 ppm).
- VAC-E2638-CH4 provides either fixed or remote sensor probe.
- It has 2 analogue outputs settable at 4-20 mA or 0-10 V with RS485 digital interface.
- It has 2 SPST relays.
Specifications of Methane detector-transmitter model VAC-E2638-CH4:
- Calibration of VAC-E2638-CH4 is Methane.
- Sensor type used is Metal-oxide semiconductor. Catalytic bead (pellistor) sensor is available as an option.
- The methane detector-transmitter model VAC-E2638-CH4 sampling method is diffusion.
- The typical detection ranges for MOS and the catalytic sensor is 0-100% LEL.
- Resolution for MOS sensor is 0.1% LEL while for the catalytic sensor is 1% LEL.
- Response time T90 for MOS sensor is ~60 seconds while for the catalytic sensor is 8 seconds.
- Sensor lifetime of this methane detector-transmitter model VAC-E2638-CH4 with MOS sensor is more than 5 years while for the catalytic sensor is more than 2 years.
- Maintenance interval for MOS sensor is 12 months while for the catalytic sensor is 3-6 months.
- Operating conditions for the MOS sensor is -30 to +70 degrees Celsius while for the catalytic sensor is -20 to +60 degrees Celsius at less than 95% relative humidity with 1 atmospheric pressure ±10%, non-ATEX rated spaces, and normal ambient oxygen level. Extreme mechanical shock, vibrations, or EMI should be avoided. Avoid exposure to products containing silicone or corrosive gases.
- The signal is updated every 1 second.
- Self-diagnostics with full functionality check at start-up.
- Warm-up time is less than or equal to 1 minute.
- The power supply of this methane detector-transmitter model VAC-E2638-CH4 is 11-30 VDC, 24 VAC or 90-265 VAC.
- The power consumption is less than 2 VA.
- VAC-E2638-CH4 has RS485 Modbus RTU digital interface.
- It has 2 analogue outputs settable at 4-20 mA or 0-10 V.
- The recommended output scale width for this methane detector-transmitter model VAC-E2638-CH4 is 20-100% of the range with more than 10 x resolution in any case.
- It has a grey ABS plastic enclosure with an IP65 safety rating.
- The dimensions of this methane detector-transmitter model VAC-E2638-CH4 is H90 × W145 × D50 millimetres (housing only). If with cable glands, the height is 140 millimetres.
- It can be operated at industrial indoor and outdoor areas without aggressive gases.
- It has an IP65 secured remote sensor probe, shielded cable. The cable’s default length is 3.0 metres.
- It has 2 SPST relays (closing contact) with 250 VAC or 30 VDC at 5 A max current.
- The default warning set-points of this methane detector-transmitter model VAC-E2638-CH4 at LOW is set at 20% LEL, release 16% LEL.
- The default warning set-points of this methane detector-transmitter model VAC-E2638-CH4 at HIGH is set at 50% LEL, release 40% LEL.
- Red and green LEDs visual alarm are available.
- There is an 85 dB acoustic buzzer alarm available.
- Operating temperature of the LCD indicator is 0 to +50 degrees Celsius.
- The display dimensions of this methane detector-transmitter model VAC-E2638-CH4 LCD indicator is 72 × 36 millimetres.
- VAC-E2638-CH4 LCD indicator has 3.5 7-segment number of digits.
- The character height in the LCD indicator is 14 millimetres.
- Methane detector-transmitter model VAC-E2638-CH4 LCD indicator has a backlight feature.
NOTE: For a version with LCD, only one analogue output is available.
We supply methane detector-transmitter across the world covering Europe, USA, Latin America, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc.
In the Middle East, we supply methane detector-transmitter in the United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Tunisia etc.
In Africa, we supply methane detector-transmitter in countries including Kenya, Algeria, Tanzania, Djibouti, Chad, Ghana, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Morocco, Angola, South Africa etc.
Also, we supply methane detector-transmitter to India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Srilanka, Maldives and Cyprus.