Electrical energy is one of the main source of energy in UAE regions. Sometimes it becomes necessary to change the distribution standard of power to another standard for proper power supply system. This is done with the help of an electronic device generally known as the frequency changer or frequency converter. Our company Vacker UAE is one of the leading company in the UAE region for the supply of frequency converter in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and UAE. Our products are known for their excellent sustainability and reliability.
Introduction to Frequency Converter
An electronic device that is capable of converting the frequency of alternating current. It also can change the voltage of the system incidentally. Traditional frequency converter was electromechanical machines which were more often termed as the motor-generator. Vacuum tubes or mercury arc rectifier use was also not uncommon in the bygone days. The arrival of solid state electronic resulted the invention of complete electronic frequency converter. In the rectifier stage direct current is produced which is later converted into alternating current of required frequency with the help of an inverter. Different medium such as Thyristors, IGBTs or IGCTs are used in the inverter. We also can use a transformer for the change in voltage. In such case we can install the transformer in output circuitry or ac input. This transformer is instrumental in providing galvanic isolation between the output and input alternating current circuits. We also can use a battery to the circuitry.
Applications of Frequency Converter
- It converts the distribution standard of power as required by the user.
- The speed and torque of AC motors can be controlled by the frequency converter.
- It is also used in airline and aerospace industries. As we all know the airplanes electronic system works in power of 400 Hz but the power supply in the ground is generally of 50-60 Hz. Hence we require a frequency converter that can convert the 50-60 Hz to 400Hz to supply the power in the airplane during its period in the ground. The airplane may also consist of a converter that makes it possible for the passengers to use laptop and other electronic devices in the plane.
- They are also a vital part of DFIGS which are generally used in the renewable energy systems so in a way it is also helping to produce and utilize clean source of energy.
- The speed of motors of fans and pumps can easily be controlled with the help of frequency converter. Hence it also significantly contributes in conserving energy and saving huge amount of money.
- Generally in industrial processing lines the requirement of control accuracy is an absolute necessity hence frequency converter has a significant role to play in industrial frequency lines. For large loads we can use HVDC system as a frequency converter.
Some other uses of Frequency Converter
A circuit that is capable of converting radio frequency signals of one frequency to another is also known as the frequency converter. These circuits require very low power to function. These circuits have two main parts: a local oscillator and analog multiplier.